This set of Medical Terminology flash cards includes 18 abbreviations starting with the letter I. Several of these abbreviations have multiple meanings, while some terms have more than one abbreviation. You can typically determine which medical term is relevant by looking at context clues. If there is any doubt, spell the word out. Always follow facility policy regarding use of abbreviations.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Digestive System Common Word Parts
- Digestive System and Digestion Practice Test
- Muscular System Practice Test
Which abbreviations on this list were easiest for you? Which ones were the hardest? Feel free to share your comments in the comment section at the bottom of this article.
Visit Student Survive 2 Thrive for additional free flash cards, practice tests, trivia games, and much more.
|Free Medical Terminology Flash Cards|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards by Katrena|
|inflammatory bowel disease|
|inferior vena cava|
|iliotibial band syndrome|
|intracytoplasmic sperm infection|
|inappropriate antidiuretic hormone|
|iron-overload disease (hemochromatosis)|
|immune serum globulin|
|iron-binding capacity; inflammatory breast cancer|
|intracapsular lens extraction|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards at Student Survive 2 Thrive|