This set of Medical Terminology flash cards includes ten abbreviations beginning with the letter H. Some of these abbreviations have multiple meanings, while several terms have multiple abbreviations. You can typically determine which abbreviation is relevant by looking at context clues. If you have any doubt, spell the word out. Always follow facility policy regarding use of abbreviations.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Common Medications and Treatments Related to the Cardiovascular System
- Joint Diagnostic Procedures Practice Test
- Skin Lesions Practice Test
Did you find any abbreviations on this list particularly hard or easy to learn? Feel free to share your comments in the comment section at the bottom of this article.
Visit Student Survive 2 Thrive to see my entire list of medical abbreviation flash cards and more free resources on a variety of topics.
|Free Medical Terminology Flash Cards|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards by Katrena|
|HCT, Hct, hct|
|hamstring; heavy smoker; herpes simplex; hospital stay|
|sickle cell hemoglobin|
|herpes simplex virus|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards at Student Survive 2 Thrive|