This set of Medical Terminology flash cards includes 19 abbreviations starting with the letter M. Some abbreviations have multiple meanings, while some terms may have more than one abbreviation. You can typically determine which term is abbreviated by considering the context. If in doubt, spell the word out or ask for clarification. Follow facility policy regarding use of abbreviations in charts.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Skeletal System Common Word Parts
- Diagnostic Tests and Terminology
- How to Communicate with an Online Instructor - Tips from a Professor
What brings you to my blog and how helpful are my resources? Feel free to share your comments and suggestions in the comment section at the bottom of this article.
Visit Student Survive 2 Thrive for additional free resources, including flash cards, practice tests, trivia games, and more.
|Free Medical Terminology Flash Cards|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards by Katrena|
|malignant hyperpyrexia; malignant hyperthermia; marital history|
|mean corpuscular volume|
|mental health care|
|mean corpuscular hemoglobin|
|minimally invasive direct coronary artery bypass|
|medical record department|
|motor neuron disease|
|hospital medical/surgical unit|
|minimal brain damage|
|mitral stenosis; multiple sclerosis; musculoskeletal|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards at Student Survive 2 Thrive|