This set of Medical Terminology flash cards includes 15 abbreviations starting with the letter N. Some abbreviations have multiple meanings, while some terms may have more than one abbreviation. You can usually determine which term is abbreviated by reviewing the context of the entry. If you are ever in doubt, spell the word out. Follow facility policy regarding use of abbreviations.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Major Body Systems and Their Functions
- Muscular System Common Word Parts
- Muscular System Practice Test
What brings you to my blog and how helpful are my resources? Feel free to share your comments and suggestions in the comment section at the bottom of this article.
|Free Medical Terminology Flash Cards|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards by Katrena|
|no acute disease; no apparent distress|
|neurologic intensive care unit; neonatal intensive care unit|
|no point of convergence|
|nerve growth factor|
|no rapid eye movements|
|neural vital signs|
|nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug|
|natural killer cell|
|no evidence of disease|
|Medical Terminology Abbreviation Flash Cards at Student Survive 2 Thrive|