This set of Medical Terminology flash cards includes twenty abbreviations beginning with the letter L. Abbreviations often have multiple meanings, and some terms may have more than one abbreviation. You can typically determine which term is abbreviated by considering the context. If in doubt, spell out the word. Follow facility policy regarding use of abbreviations.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Reproductive Systems Common Word Parts
- Pathological Skin Conditions
- Missed an Assignment in an Online Class? What to do and What to Avoid
Which of these abbreviations were more challenging to learn? Which ones did you already know? Feel free to share your comments in the comment section at the bottom of this article.
|Free Medical Terminology Flash Cards|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards by Katrena|
|latent autoimmune diabetes in adults|
|lower left extremity|
|left-sided heart failure|
|low birth weight|
|lobular carcinoma in situ|
|light and accommodation|
|left bundle branch block|
|length of stay|
|left heart bypass device|
|left upper quadrant|
|laser in situ keratomileusis|
|last menstrual period|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards at Student Survive 2 Thrive|