This set of Medical Terminology flash cards includes 15 abbreviations starting with the letter H. Some medical abbreviations have multiple meanings, while several medical terms have more than one abbreviation. Use context clues to determine which medical term is represented by an abbreviation if more than one term is possible. If there is any doubt, spell the word out. Follow facility policy regarding use of abbreviations.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Lymphatic and Immune Systems Common Word Parts
- Mental Health Common Abbreviations
- Medication Administration Practice Test
Did you find any abbreviations on this list particularly hard or easy to learn? Feel free to share your comments in the comment section at the bottom of this article.
Visit Student Survive 2 Thrive for more free resources on a variety of topics.
|Free Medical Terminology Flash Cards|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards|
|human immunodeficiency virus|
|hepatitis-associated antigen; hepatitis Australia antigen|
|hantavirus pulmonary syndrome|
|human laukocyte antigen|
|Hashimoto's thyroiditis; hormone therapy|
|hemolytic disease of the newborn|
|hemoglobin and hematocrit|
|His bundle electrocardiogram|
|hyaline membrane disease|
|hypertensive vascular disease|
|hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy|
|hyperbaric oxygen therapy|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards on Student Survive 2 Thrive|