This set of Medical Terminology flash cards includes abbreviations starting with the letter L. Abbreviations may have multiple meanings, and terms may have more than one abbreviation. You can typically determine which term is abbreviated by considering the context. If in doubt, spell the word out. Follow facility policy regarding use of abbreviations.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Lymphatic and Immune Systems Common Word Parts
- Digestive System and Digestion Practice Test
- Abdominal Quadrants and Regions Practice Test
Which of these abbreviations did you already know? Feel free to share your comments in the comment section at the bottom of this article.
Visit my Student Survive 2 Thrive blog for more free resources on healthcare and other topics.
|Free Medical Terminology Flash Cards|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards|
|laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy|
|last normal menstrual period|
|left sternal border|
|light perception; lumbar puncture; lumboperitoneal|
|large bowel; low back|
|left lower quadrant|
|left ventricle hypertrophy|
|level of consciousness; loss of consciousness|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards at Student Survive 2 Thrive|