This short set of Medical Terminology flash cards includes six abbreviations starting with the letter J. A few are older terms that are rarely used today. For example, juvenile-onset diabetes is typically categorized as Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes mellitus. Examine context clues if you see an abbreviation that has more than one possible meaning. If there is any doubt, spell the word out. Follow facility policy regarding use of abbreviations.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Endocrine System Common Abbreviations Flash Cards
- Major Body Systems and Their Functions
- Lymphatic Terminology
How many of these abbreviations did you already know? Feel free to share your comments in the comment section at the bottom of this article.
Visit Student Survive 2 Thrive for more free resources, including tips, flash cards, practice tests, trivia games, and more.
|Free Medical Terminology Flash Cards|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards by Katrena|
|jugular venous pressure; jugular venous pulse|
|juvenile rheumatoid arthritis|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards at Student Survive 2 Thrive|