This set of Medical Terminology flash cards includes fifteen abbreviations starting with the letter I. Some of these abbreviations have multiple meanings, while several terms have more than one abbreviation. A few are older terms that are rarely used today. You can typically determine which term is abbreviated by looking at context clues. If there is any doubt, spell the word out. Always follow facility policy regarding use of abbreviations.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Special Senses Common Word Parts Related to the Eye and Ear
- Common Medications and Treatments Related to the Cardiovascular System
- Cardiovascular System Common Word Parts
Did you find any abbreviations on this list particularly hard or easy to learn? Feel free to share your comments in the comment section at the bottom of this article.
Visit Student Survive 2 Thrive for more free resources on a variety of topics.
|Free Medical Terminology Flash Cards|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards by Katrena|
|interatrial septal defect|
|impingement syndrome; intercostal space|
|intravenous fluorescein angiography|
|intestinal obstruction; intraocular|
|infiltrating lobular carcinoma; invasive lobular carcinoma|
|indirect Coombs' test; insulin coma therapy|
|infectious hepatitis; inguinal hernia|
|irritable bowel syndrome|
|inferior vena cava pressure|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards at Student Survive 2 Thrive|