This set of Medical Terminology flash cards includes abbreviations starting with the letter H. Some of these abbreviations have multiple meanings, while several terms have more than one abbreviation. You can typically determine which abbreviation is relevant by looking at context clues. If there is any doubt, spell the word out. Always follow facility policy regarding use of abbreviations.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
- Trace a Drop of Blood Through the Body: Circulation Made Easy!
- Prefixes Starting with H or I
- Infection Prevention Practice Test
Did you find any abbreviations on this list particularly hard or easy to learn? Visit Student Survive 2 Thrive for more free resources on a variety of topics.
|Free Medical Terminology Flash Cards|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards by Katrena|
|heart block; hemoglobin; hepatitis B; His bundle|
|hemoglobin and hematocrit|
|hallux valgus; hospital visit|
|hemolytic anemia; histamine|
|head of bed|
|home blood glucose monitoring|
|head, eyes, ears, nose, throat|
|hand motion; Holter monitor|
|hydrogen; hypodermic; hyperopia|
|hypertensive cardiovascular disease|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards on Student Survive 2 Thrive|