These Medical Terminology flash cards include abbreviations beginning with the letter "D." Some abbreviations in this series are used much more often than others. As you can see from the following examples, changing one letter in an abbreviation can completely change the meaning of the term. If in doubt, spell it out!
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Color Prefixes and Combining Forms
- Endocrine System Common Abbreviations
- Endocrine System Common Word Parts
I hope you find my resources on Student Survive 2 Thrive to be educational and helpful!
|Medical Terminology Flash Cards|
|Abbreviation Flash Cards by Katrena|
|diphtheria and tetanus toxoids|
|dead on arrival|
|distance visual acuity|
|digital subtraction angiography|
|D/C, d/c, dc|
|diarrhea/constipation; discharge; discontinue|
|delayed-onset muscle soreness|
|direct cortical response|
|developmental reading disorder|
|Medical Flash Cards at Student Survive 2 Thrive|