This set of Medical Terminology flash cards includes abbreviations starting with the letter S. Some abbreviations have multiple meanings, while some terms may have more than one abbreviation. You can typically determine which term is abbreviated by considering the context. If in doubt, spell the word out. Follow facility policy regarding use of abbreviations.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Special Senses Common Word Parts Related to the Eye and Ear
- Trace Sound as it Enters the Body: Learn Major Ear Structures
- Diagnostic Tests and Terminology
Feel free to share your comments and suggestions in the comment section at the bottom of this article. Visit my Student Survive 2 Thrive site map where you will find over 300 free resources, including flash cards, practice tests, trivia games, and more.
|Medical Terminology Flash Cards Abbreviations Starting with S Part 7|
|Free Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards by Katrena|
|sequential multiple analysis; spinal muscular atrophy|
|let it be labeled|
|scanned projection radiography|
|saline infusion sonohysterography|
|sudden death syndrome|
|scanning electron microscopy|
|sentinel lymph node dissection|
|serologic test for syphilis|
|senile macular degeneration|
|serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor|
|spontaneous vaginal delivery|
|Free Medical Terminology Study Guide at Student Survive 2 Thrive|