This set of Medical Terminology flash cards includes abbreviations starting with the letter S. Some abbreviations have multiple meanings, while some terms may have more than one abbreviation. You can typically determine which term is abbreviated by considering the context. If in doubt, spell the word out. Follow facility policy regarding use of abbreviations.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Lymphatic and Immune Systems Common Word Parts
- Immunoglobulins and Their Roles
- Infection Prevention Practice Test
Feel free to share your comments and suggestions in the comment section at the bottom of this article. Visit my Student Survive 2 Thrive site map where you will find over 300 free resources, including flash cards, practice tests, trivia games, and more.
|Free Medical Terminology Flash Cards Starting with S|
|Free Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards by Katrena|
|senile dementia of Alzheimer's type|
|single photon emission computerized tomography|
|systemic inflammatory response syndrome|
|sensorineural activity level; sterility assurance level; suction-assisted lipectomy|
|severe combined immunodeficiency|
|serum hepatitis; sex hormone; social history|
|subjective, objective, assessment, plan; symptoms, observations, assessments, plan|
|small bowel; spina bifida; stillbirth; suction biopsy|
|submucous resection and rhinoplasty|
|sensory nervous system; sympathetic nervous system|
|Free Medical Terminology Study Guide at Student Survive 2 Thrive|