This set of Medical Terminology flash cards includes abbreviations starting with the letter R. Some abbreviations have multiple meanings, while some terms may have more than one abbreviation. You can typically determine which term is abbreviated by considering the context. If in doubt, spell the word out. Follow facility policy regarding use of abbreviations.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Color Prefixes and Combining Forms
- Digestive System Common Word Parts
- Special Senses Common Word Parts Related to the Eye and Ear
Feel free to share your comments and suggestions in the comment section at the bottom of this article. Visit my Student Survive 2 Thrive site map where you will find over 300 free resources, including flash cards, practice tests, trivia games, and more.
|Medical Terminology Flash Cards|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards by Katrena|
|right upper quadrant|
|repetitive stress disorder|
|right posterior oblique|
|right occiput transverse|
|rectal, respiration, right|
|red blood cell, red blood count|
|reticular activating system|
|recommended daily allowance|
|renal tubular acidosis|
|Free Medical Terminology Study Guide at Student Survive 2 Thrive|