This set of Medical Terminology flash cards includes abbreviations starting with the letter R. Some abbreviations have multiple meanings, while some terms may have more than one abbreviation. You can typically determine which term is abbreviated by considering the context. If in doubt, spell the word out. Follow facility policy regarding use of abbreviations.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Common Abbreviations Related to the Muscular System
- Abdominal Quadrants and Regions Practice Test
- Drug Administration Common Abbreviations
Feel free to share your comments and suggestions in the comment section at the bottom of this article. Visit my Student Survive 2Thrive site map where you will find over 300 free resources, including flash cards, practice tests, trivia games, and more.
|Medical Terminology Flash Cards|
|Free Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards by Katrena|
|prescription, take, therapy, treatment|
|range of motion, rupture of membranes|
|radiation therapy, renal transplantation, respiratory therapy|
|residual lung capacity|
|renal failure, respiratory failure, rheumatoid factor, rheumatic fever|
|refractory anemia, rheumatoid arthritis, right arm, right atrium|
|rest, ice, compression, elevation|
|right bundle branch block|
|right upper lobe|
|repetitive stress injuries|
|roentgen unit, routine urinalysis|
|recovery room, respiratory rate|
|right lower quadrant|
|Free Medical Terminology Flash Cards at Student Survive 2 Thrive|