This set of Medical Terminology flash cards includes fifteen abbreviations starting with the letter I. Some of these abbreviations have multiple meanings, while several terms have more than one abbreviation. A few are older terms that are rarely used today. You can typically determine which term is relevant by looking at context clues. If there is any doubt, spell the word out. Follow facility policy regarding use of abbreviations.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Endocrine System Common Abbreviations
- Endocrine System Common Word Parts
- Medication Administration Practice Test
Did you recognize any of the abbreviations on this list? Feel free to share your comments in the comment section at the bottom of this article.
|Free Medical Terminology Flash Cards|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards|
|intermittent mandatory ventilation|
|in vitro fertilization|
|intensive coronary care unit|
|insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus|
|intra-aortic balloon pump|
|incision and drainage, irrigation and debridement|
|internal mammary artery graft|
|infiltrating ductal carcinoma; invasive ductal carcinoma|
|inspiratory capacity; intermittent claudication; interstitial cystitis|
|immunity deficiency state|
|impaired fasting glucose|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards at Student Survive 2 Thrive|