This set of Medical Terminology flash cards includes fifteen abbreviations beginning with the letter H. Some of these abbreviations have multiple meanings, while several terms have more than one abbreviation. You can typically determine which abbreviation is relevant by looking at context clues. If there is any doubt, spell the word out. Always follow facility policy regarding use of abbreviations.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Blood Pressure Trouble-shooting Guide
- Common Abbreviations Related to the Cardiovascular System
- Cardiovascular Diagnostic Procedures Practice Test
Were any abbreviations on this list particularly hard or easy to learn? Visit Student Survive 2 Thrive for more free healthcare-related resources.
|Free Medical Terminology Flash Cards|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards by Katrena|
|hairy cell leukemia|
|HgA1c (also called A1c)|
|herpes simplex virus type 2|
|high blood pressure|
|history and physical|
|hereditary elliptocytosis; hyperextension|
|health maintenance organization|
|hypertensive cardiovascular disease|
|His bundle electrocardiogram|
|Free Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards at Student Survive 2 Thrive|