This set of Medical Terminology flash cards includes fifteen abbreviations starting with the letter I. Some of these abbreviations have multiple meanings, while several terms have more than one abbreviation. A few are older terms that are rarely used today. You might see some of these abbreviations being used with texting, etc. that have different meanings than the terms listed here. You can typically determine which medical term is represented by looking at context clues. If there is any doubt, spell the word out. Follow facility policy regarding use of abbreviations.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Immunoglobulins and Their Roles
- Pathology of the Endocrine System
- Trace Air Traveling into the Body - Major Respiratory System Structures
Have you seen or used any of these medical abbreviations? Feel free to share your comments in the comment section at the bottom of this article.
Visit Student Survive 2 Thrive for more free resources on a variety of topics.
|Free Medical Terminology Flash Cards|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards|
|idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis|
|interstitial lung diseases|
|inferior; infusion; inflammation|
|internal derangement of the knee|
|intensity of magnetism; iodine|
|interferon; interstitial fluid|
|intensive care unit|
|idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura|
|intake and output|
|intravenous drug abuse|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards on Student Survive 2 Thrive|