This set of Medical Terminology flash cards includes abbreviations starting with the letter L. Abbreviations may have multiple meanings, and terms may have more than one abbreviation. You can typically determine which term is abbreviated by considering the context. If in doubt, spell the word out. Follow facility policy regarding use of abbreviations.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Prefixes Starting with J, L, M, or N
- How to Convert Pounds to Kilograms - Math Made Easy!
- Respiratory System Common Word Parts
Which of these abbreviations did you already know? Feel free to share your comments in the comment section at the bottom of this article.
Visit Student Survive 2 Thrive for more free resources on a variety of topics.
|Free Medical Terminology Flash Cards|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards by Katrena|
|left lower lobe|
|low back pain|
|limitation of motion; loss of motion|
|left breast biopsy and examination|
|left anterior descending|
|licensed practical nurse|
|lower esophageal sphincter|
|lap-band adjustable gastric banding|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards on Student Survive 2 Thrive|