This set of Medical Terminology flash cards features 15 abbreviations starting with the letter N. A few terms are older and may not be used in the clinical setting regularly. Several abbreviations have multiple meanings while some terms may have more than one abbreviation. You can typically determine which term is abbreviated by considering the context. If in doubt, spell the word out. Follow facility policy regarding use of abbreviations.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Diagnostic Procedures, Nuclear Medicine, and Pharmacology Flash Cards
- Medication Administration Practice Test
- Verbal or Nonverbal Communication
What brings you to my blog? Feel free to share comments and suggestions in the comment section at the bottom of this article.
Visit Student Survive 2 Thrive for additional free resources, including flash cards, practice tests, trivia games, and more.
|Free Medical Terminology Flash Cards|
|Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards by Katrena|
|nephrotic syndrome; normal saline; not stated; not sufficient|
|National Formulary; necrotizing fasciitis; neurofibromatosis|
|nose and throat|
|non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus|
|nothing by mouth|
|not yet diagnosed|
|nausea and vomiting|
|Medical Terminology Abbreviation Flash Cards at Student Survive 2 Thrive|