Learning medical terminology abbreviations is a core component of mastering a medical terminology course. This set of flashcards includes fifteen medical terminology abbreviations beginning with the letter "A." Abbreviations have more than one meaning; therefore, slides that include multiple meanings are separated by semicolons. Medical terms may have more than one abbreviation, and slides including multiple abbreviations are separated by commas.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Body Planes Practice Test: Sagittal, Frontal, Transverse
- Suffixes Related to Pathology Practice Test
- First Online Class After Being Laid Off? Yes, You Can Succeed!
Thank you for visiting my Student Survive 2 Thrive resources. Keep learning every day.
|Free Medical Terminology Abbreviation Flash Cards|
|Medical Terminology Study Guide by Katrena|
|aortic valve replacement|
|artificial insemination by husband|
|abdominal aortic aneurysm|
|adhesion; antidiuretic hormone|
|aortic valve closure|
|abruptio placenta; angina pectoris; anteroposterior; anterior-posterior; appendectomy; appendicitis|
|arthritis; assisted reproductive technology|
|acquired immunodeficiency syndrome|
|AB, Abnl, abn|
|acute care unit; ambulatory care unit|
|auditory brainstem response|
|atrial septal defect; autistic spectrum disorder|
|Student Survive 2 Thrive Medical Terminology Flash Cards|