This set of Medical Terminology flash cards includes abbreviations starting with the letter S. Some abbreviations have multiple meanings, while some terms may have more than one abbreviation. You can typically determine which term is abbreviated by considering the context. If in doubt, spell the word out. Follow facility policy regarding use of abbreviations.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Urinary System Common Word Parts
- Urinary Abbreviation Flash Cards
- Basic Health Concepts Practice Test
Feel free to share your comments and suggestions in the comment section at the bottom of this article. Visit my Student Survive 2Thrive site map where you will find over 300 free resources, including flash cards, practice tests, trivia games, and more.
|Medical Terminology Flash Cards Abbreviations Starting with S|
|Free Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards by Katrena|
|syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone|
|skin protective factor; sun protective factor|
|short arm splint; sleep apnea syndrome; social adjustment scale; subarachnoid space|
|serous otitis media|
|stress urinary incontinence|
|slit-lamp examination; systemic lupus erythematosus|
|salicylic acid; sinoatrial; sperm analysis; surgeon's assistant|
|signs and symptoms; Sjögren's syndrome; soap solution|
|sickle cell anemia|
|standard operating procedure|
|saphenous vein graft|
|selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor|
|salpingectomy; salpingography; serum alkaline phosphatase|
|Free Medical Terminology Resources at Student Survive 2 Thrive|