This set of Medical Terminology flash cards includes abbreviations starting with the letter R. Some abbreviations have multiple meanings, while some terms may have more than one abbreviation. You can typically determine which term is abbreviated by considering the context. If in doubt, spell the word out. Follow facility policy regarding use of abbreviations.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Medical Terminology Flash Cards: Prefixes Starting with R, S, T, U, or X
- Respiratory System Common Word Parts
- Breath Sounds Practice Test
Feel free to share your comments and suggestions in the comment section at the bottom of this article. Visit my Student Survive 2 Thrive site map where you will find over 300 free resources, including flash cards, practice tests, trivia games, and more.
|Medical Terminology Flash Cards|
|Free Medical Abbreviation Flash Cards by Katrena|
|residual volume, right ventricle|
|radiopharmaceuticals, relapsing polychondritis, retrograde pyelogram|
|radioactive iodine uptake test|
|rapid eye movement sleep|
|respiratory distress, retinal detachment, registered dietitian|
|revolutions per minute|
|repetitive motion disorder|
|review of systems|
|right ventricular hypertrophy|
|reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome|
|Rocky Mountain spotted fever|
|Rhesus factor negative|
|Free Medical Terminology Flash Cards at Student Survive 2 Thrive|