Medical Terminology abbreviations are often a challenging learning curve because many abbreviations have more than one meaning and some meanings have more than one abbreviation. This set of flashcards features fifteen medical terminology abbreviations that begin with the letter "A." Slides that include multiple meanings are separated by semicolons while those with multiple abbreviations are separated by commas. Always evaluate the context in order to determine which meaning is most appropriate.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Introduction to Medical Terminology Flash Cards
- Trace Air Entering the Body - Major Respiratory System Structures
- Breath Sounds Practice Test
Thank you for visiting Student Survive 2 Thrive, a blog I created with a huge number of flash cards, practice tests, and articles designed to help you not only survive, but thrive, in your classes.
|Medical Terminology Abbreviations Flash Cards|
|Medical Terminology Study Guide by Katrena|
|acute renal failure; acute respiratory failure|
|abnormal; adult; age; allergy; anaphylaxis; anesthesia; anterior; antibody; auscultation|
|advanced cardiac life support|
|activated partial thromboplastin time|
|aortic valve replacement|
|AF, A fib, A-fib|
|A & B|
|apnea and bradycardia|
|AIDS dementia complex|
|autoimmune hemolytic anemia|
|angiocardiogram; angiocardiography; apex cardiogram|
|aneurysm; anorexia nervosa|
|Student Survive 2 Thrive Medical Terminology Flash Cards|