Medical Terminology includes a huge number of abbreviations. This set of flashcards features fifteen medical terminology abbreviations that begin with the letter "A." Some abbreviations have more than one meaning; slides including multiple meanings are separated by semicolons. Some terms have more than one abbreviation; slides including multiple abbreviations are separated by commas. Use contextual clues to determine which meaning is correct in any given situation.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Common Abbreviations in Nursing
- Integumentary System Common Word Parts
- How to Communicate with an Online Instructor - Tips from a College Professor
Thank you for checking out my resources on Student Survive 2 Thrive. Something you learn today might help to save a life tomorrow!
|Free Medical Terminology Abbreviation Flash Cards|
|Free Medical Terminology Resource by Katrena|
|as soon as possible|
|advanced maternal age; against medical advice; American Medical Association|
|antibody deficiency syndrome|
|AB, Ab, ab|
|anterior cruciate ligament|
|aortic valve; artificial ventilation; arteriovenous; atrioventricular|
|accidentally incurred; aortic insufficiency; artificial insemination|
|axillary lymph node dissection|
|artificial rupture of membranes|
|acute disseminated encephalitis; adverse drug event|
|acute renal failure; acute respiratory failure|
|Free Medical Terminology Study Guide on Student Survive 2 Thrive|