Medical Terminology includes many abbreviations. This set of flashcards includes fifteen medical terminology abbreviations that begin with the letter "A." Some abbreviations have more than one meaning; slides with multiple meanings are separated by semicolons. Some terms have more than one abbreviation; slides with multiple abbreviations are separated by commas. When applying terms, look at the context to determine which abbreviation/definition is correct.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional study guides by Katrena
- Skeletal System Common Word Parts
- Suffixes that Mean "Pertaining to"
- Abdominal Quadrants and Regions Practice Test
Thank you for visiting my Student Survive 2 Thrive blog. I hope you find my resources helpful as you study and learn these med term abbreviations!
|Free Medical Terminology Abbreviation Flash Cards|
|Medical Terminology Study Guide by Katrena|
|acute respiratory disease|
|acute infectious disease; artificial insemination donor|
|amplification; ampule; amputate|
|admission, discharge, transfer|
|alopecia areata; asthma; asthmatic|
|acute care of the elderly; aerobics chair exercises; angiotensin-converting enzyme|
|activities of daily life; activities of daily living|
|administrative services only; arteriosclerosis obliterans|
|arterial occlusive disease|
|antihypertensive drug; ateriosclerotic heart disease; autoimmune hemolytic disease|
|aspiration percutaneous lumbar diskectomy|
|acute respiratory infection|
|Student Survive 2 Thrive Medical Terminology Study Guide|