This is Part 6 of my Medical Terminology flash cards featuring abbreviations beginning with the letter "C." Some medical abbreviations have multiple meanings, while some terms have more than one abbreviation. If you are in a specialty area, you will often immediately know which definition is appropriate; however, if you are in a general area, there are times when it is safest to write out the term rather than abbreviating it.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Introduction to Medical Terminology Flash Cards
- Nervous System Common Word Parts
- Pathology of the Endocrine System
Find my entire collection of student resources at Student Survive 2 Thrive.
|Medical Terminology Abbreviation Flash Cards|
|Free Medical Terminology Flash Cards by Katrena|
|cardiovascular accident; cerebrovascular accident|
|capillary blood flow; coronary blood flow|
|carcinoma in situ|
|culture and sensitivity|
|chief complaint; colony count; cardiac cycle; cardiac cauterization; cardiac catheterization; creatinine clearance|
|congenital dislocation of the hip|
|chronic obstructive pulmonary disease|
|central supply room; Cheyne-Stokes respiration|
|cystoid macular edema|
|complete bed rest|
|complete fixation; counting fingers; cystic fibrosis|
|conjunctivitis; coronary insufficiency|
|Student Survive 2 Thrive Medical Terminology Flash Cards|