Medical Terminology is chock full of abbreviations! This set of flashcards features fifteen medical terminology abbreviations that begin with the letter "A." Some abbreviations have more than one meaning. Slides that include multiple meanings are separated by semicolons. Some terms have more than one abbreviation. Slide including multiple abbreviations are separated by commas.
- Click on the first slide to enlarge to full screen.
- Click on the slide or thumbnail at the bottom to advance to the next slide.
- Study the abbreviations backwards by clicking on the last slide and clicking on the thumbnails to advance to the previous slides.
Additional articles by Katrena
- Medical Terminology Flash Cards: Prefixes Starting with A
- Medical Terminology Flash Cards: Suffixes Starting with -a or -b
- Medical Terminology Directional Terms
Thank you for visiting Student Survive 2 Thrive. I hope you find my resources helpful, and I wish you the best as you learn these medical terminology abbreviations!
|Medical Terminology Flash Cards: Abbreviations Starting with A Part 1|
|Free Student Resources by Katrena|
|anatomy & physiology; anterior & posterior; auscultation & percussion|
|Aphasia Screening Test, aspartate aminotransferase|
|advanced life support; amyotrophic lateral sclerosis; antilymphocytic serum|
|automated external defibrillator|
|acute myeloblastic leukemia; acute myelocytic leukemia; amyotrophic lateral sclerosis|
|arterial blood gases|
|Student Survive 2 Thrive Free Medical Terminology Flash Cards|